Tuesday, December 21, 2010

the reverse bel-air*

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside-down. And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there, and I'll tell you how my entire winter vacation trip to Europe was cancelled and now I'm going home for a month instead.
So yeah. The weather in London cancelled my family's flight, and they can't reschedule until it's too late to have a real vacation together. Instead, I'm flying home tomorrow night. I'll be home by the morning of the 23rd.
Today was spent in a kind of frenzy of Skype calls and flight booking and packing. I'm really really tired, which of course is why I plan to go out with my friends tonight for a last hurrah which may or may not include a belly dancing club.
That's really all I have to say today, except that I guess it's nice that my flight home is the same as most of my friends', so I have an extra ten hours or so before I have to say goodbye.
The only other thing is, go watch this, please. Shawn Ahmed and the Uncultured Project decreasing worldsuck in Bangladesh:


*http://xkcd.com/464/

2 comments:

  1. Omg. Wait youre going home as in back to YL??!! Ahhh. Thats amazing. Im really sorry you had to cancel your vacation to Europe though. Maybe you can go after spring semester when the weather wont be so unpredictable and when your family might have time again for a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elise,

    I'm sorry Europe didn't work out...but im glad you are coming home. and you get to spend more time with your family, which is always a plus. =)

    <3

    Maggie A.

    ReplyDelete