Tuesday, September 21, 2010

it's so fluffy i'm gonna die

I thought my hair was going to kill me today. I really did. It was fine in the morning, when I was walking around campus slowly roasting in the sun, getting important items of business done, or as the case may be, not getting important items of business done. It was fine at noon, when I sat in the freezing cold rare books archive, learning about the proportions and grids Ancient Egyptian artists used to make their tomb paintings so regular. It was even fine when I swam laps in the AUC pool, although it was a bit weird to not have to wear a cap.
not me, but what i felt like. (and not my picture.)
My hair was not fine after I swam. I didn't bring shampoo to campus, because I didn't think I'd need it. I was wrong. Apparently, aside from making my hair clean, my shampoo also keeps it from being fluffy. I don't know how this works, but I know it does. As soon as my hair started to dry after my post-swim shower, I noticed something was wrong. My hair wouldn't stay still. It wouldn't lie flat. It was fluffy. I don't like my hair to be fluffy, so this was not a great feeling. Plus, it was really windy out, which meant my hair was fluffy and messy, which is a lovely combination.
Anyway, no one cares about my hair. Unfortunately, there's not a lot else to talk about today. Most of what I needed to do on campus today I did, except for reserving my spot on the Tanis trip, which hopefully I'll get to do tomorrow. Swimming was actually really fun, and I'm glad that it worked out. I rented my locker and borrowed a towel, and went swimming. Really, the only problem was the towel, which was about the size of a bath mat and about as useful for drying off. Whatever, though. Now I've got my locker, I can bring my own towel if I want. Problem solved.
And that was pretty much my day. Sounds exciting, huh? Back to school tomorrow, for adventures in Art and Architecture, Literature, and Arabic.
I did spend some time today filming a new video blog. Two in a week is hard, but hopefully this is the last time I'll have to do that. Hope you enjoy!

"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things. Of shoes and ships and sealing wax, and why nobody comments on Elise's blog posts."
I really, really like comments, I swear. Even just a few words can make my day. I won't think you're a creeper, I promise. (If this sounds like a plea for attention, that's because it is. And I've decided I'm okay with that.)

4 comments:

  1. well seeing as i talk to you rather regularly i dont know how much you ll enjoy my comments...lol

    bu the hair issue...gah....i totally get you...now that im letting it grow out again ive given up on trying to control it.

    love the vblog!

    -mags

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for all the comments maggie. made my morning! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, where is the picture of the fluffy hair!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ELISE!! I love reading your blog posts...very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete